Thursday 28 March 2013

My Identity In Fashion

Identity could be summed up as our defining feature, something which distinguishes us from the rest, sets us apart. And as identity defines us as all being different, it also means different things to different people.

 As a fashion addict, aspiring stylist, writer, blogger, avid shopper and twitter obsessed, for me fashion is my identity. Fashion helps me construct my identity; it allows me represent myself differently each day. One day I could be channelling my inner Blaire Waldorf and the next day I could be boho chic. Yes, as sometimes style blessed individuals are labelled as superficial and airheads that does not however define us. The only difference between me and my fellow students is my local designer labelled jacket and few extra sweeps mascara. However, otherwise us fashion blessed individuals work just as hard and put in just as much effort as the next. And yes, maybe on some mornings I'll wake up just a bit earlier to perfectly apply my make-up but on other mornings I'll wake up even earlier to go through some lecture notes.

So let us not judge or label others who put in just little more effort and buy those pricey items and see them as investments, because here is how we see fashion…
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 











            We go from…
 
 
 
 


 
 
 


 
 

 




 
 
 


This is my identity in fashion!
 
To view the digital photo essay view it on YouTube at  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EHcGdv_WMY
 
Let's not forget, follow My Style Memoirs on Twitter @MyStyleMemoirs
 
Happy Styling All!

 
 
 

        

No comments:

Post a Comment